Monday, May 12, 2008

Why family matters ~

Okay, so monthly posts are going to be my new goal . . .

And May is family month. My first born was born in May, making for my first Mother's Day in 1975, the same day I got my patriarchal blessing. My Dad was born in May. My last child was born in May, and actually had his birthday on Mother's Day this year! My Granny was born in May, and shares that birthday with my youngest daughter-in-law.

Guess I'll need to have a grand child in May to round out the family calendar for May!

So anyway, I was having a terrible day last week and wanted to pretty much just hide in my house and have a pitty party. Then I got home, and there was this huge box and my back door. Opened the box while wallowing and watching Gray's Anatomy and found a treasure from Aunt Maryina. How nice it was to open this huge box and find my Granny's china tea set! It made me cry (finally tears of joy, cause I'd already cried tears of sorrow at court that a.m. and tears of pain at the doctors after that!)

All in all just made me thankful for my ancestors and who I am because of them. I was born in the covenant and raised in the church. So many people have so much less and have never had any light or hope in their lives. How grateful I am that I can look back over my life and see half full moments vs. half empty ones! Or even better perfect days (when I was sealed, when Nathan and Danica were sealed and ALL my kids were in the Celestial Room together for the first time, when Lacey was baptized, and . . .) when my cup ran over!

And then the little moments, watching Katelyn was my truck with me this past weekend, and remembering doing the same with my grands. Feeding my missionaries breakfast for dinner on Saturday night and remembering the times we have fed so many sets of missionaries over the years. Watching the Primary kids sing "I Often Go Walking" and bawling my eyes out because that was my Mother's favorite song and it truly IS her!

Life just gets better and better, especially when you let it and help it.
Happiness truly is your fault!

No comments: