Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Suddenly Scared ~

Okay, I have figured out what scares me. Apparently Primary! Go figure~ I was horrified to teach Activity Day Girls in January (I am the counselor over the 8-12 year olds and we didn't have a leader as my new Primary President WAS the Activity Day Leader). Survived that and the girls all love me (I brought candy). Felt pretty comfortable for the month of February (it was my turn to conduct, so I get to do opening exercises and that's it!) and then the fun began.

February was a short month, and March started on a Sunday and THIS month I am assigned to teach Sharing Time! Aaauuuuggghhh!!! That means two lessons each Sunday, one for Jr. Primary and one for Sr. Primary.

Don't even think I wasn't up until 2 a.m. this past Sunday morning cutting out all my little hand outs (and that was after 3 hours at my girlfriends Shawn's house) so that everyone would have the appropriate number of family members in their "packet" on Sunday.

Of course I have now challenged all the children to remember to bring their "family" with them each Sunday this month while we talk about what each family member's responsibility (job)is.

Thank goodness Carter is giving a talk this Sunday on the same thing, so I shipped him off my handouts and lesson yesterday with a letter knowing he will do an awesome job.

Then, just for the fun of it, I got a call from the neighboring ward's missionary calendar coordinator (I was released 3 months ago . . . ) asking if I knew which week they were supposed to feed the Spanish Elders (we share that set and rotate every other week ...) Apparently no one from that ward has seen the calendar this year so I am feeding all six of my Elders tonight. Gives me an excuse to try out a different mexican restaurant~

Am excited to be going to the temple again this week (trying to get my "sister's" names done and then work on my mechanic's dad's list . . .).

Gotta love life!

No comments: