Monday, May 11, 2009

Primary bragging

Okay, so yesterday, because it is my month to conduct in Primary, and the assignments in our presidency have been a little vague lately since our secretary went AWOL, there were no talks.

It turned out okay though because the children are getting really good at bearing their testimonies on fast and testimony Sunday (never leave gaps like you get sometimes during Sacrament meeting ...). So when I opened up the floor for anyone to come up and say why they love their Mom and what she does for them that shows them that she loves them, they lined on up!

Of course, just like at fast and testimony meeting, I get to close opening exercises with me and so when I shared with the children that this was my 34th Mother's Day and that my big baby turned 34 last week and that my baby was turning 30 today and that I had my patriarchal blessing on my first Mother's Day 34 years ago ... the following comments occurred:

Cameron (not mine ...) said "You have a 34 year old son? That is how old my Dad is!"

Tai said "Wow you really are old!"

Samantha (Cameron's sister) said "You must get lots of presents and flowers!!!"

So bring it on! Oh non-singing children, non calling . . . and what about gift cards (Regal or Home Depot) since my neighbor and Friday night sidekick Miss Rita's daughter gave her 3 gift cards AFTER she insisted that she NOT give her anything~

Still bragging each week in Primary that being a Mom and Gramma is my favoritest and bestest job ever!

:-D

No comments: