Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November 2007

I am excited, happy and at peace here in South Carolina. I got here the dumbest way possible, but am thankful every day to be here.

Southerners are truly graceful, loving and accepting. They love everyone. They accept everyone. They men apologize for swearing. People let you in front of them in line and on the freeway or in parking lots. Everyone talks to everyone, everywhere. In fact, if you don't at least acknowledge someone you come in contact with (ie, saying hello and how are you in the line at the store or the bank or on the elevator or the gas pump ...)then it is considered rude.

When I explained to my husband and wife bosses after returning from the West this past summer that people out West don't look at each other, let alone talk to each other, they cannot even fathom it.

At church it is even better. Almost everyone hugs our Relief Society President every Sunday (at least once)! It is also quite appropriate to hug any and all new converts every Sunday and any of the women over 70.

Our ward boundaries were realligned just before Conference so I am now in the newly created Congaree ward. I am very excited as it means I get to have multiple callings. So far I have been called to be the Missionary Meal Calendar Coordinator and the Relief Society Compassionate Service Leader. Hearing rumors from my ward mission leader (who I have offered to Jennessa as he is a new 31 year old convert with a recommend)that I have also been put up to be a ward missionary. Given the fact that I feel like a mother of two sets of 19-20 year old twins with the English and Spanish speaking missionaries I have now ... being a ward missionary vs. a member missionary is not a big stretch.

Am loving my home, neighbors, friends, bosses, pretty much everything here in South Carolina. Working on getting my new deck all done and ready to grill. Next step will be to get some concrete work done on my driveway (wider) and extend my front porch (again, mostly wider ~ has to be big enough for a couple of rocking chairs!).

Asking Santa for a pellet gun to rid me of my squirrels. Need to pay to have my pine trees taken out so there is less food and home space for the little tree rats!

Looking forward to a very family focused 2008 what with Lacey and Carter's baptisms back to back and then our celebration to Disneyland! Probably take me two MORE years to save up for the next round of grands (Alivia and Mason) baptisms and Disney time!

As much as I love my children and they filled my life with joy for the past 30+ years, my grandkids are the best and have brought me more joy that I ever thought possible (and that includes Cloe, Cole and Duncan ~)!

How blessed my life is!

No comments: