Monday, March 10, 2008

I am a Mom again at 50!

Thank goodness it is weekends (pretty much) for now, except during emergencies!

My best friend from church had to "go away" for a year and a half or so, so I now co-parent her 2 year old (not potty trained) daughter Katelyn with her god mother.

Can I just say, it is really hard to get a 2 year old up and ready for "school" and me off to work and out the door on time, especially on Monday morning!!!

Church yesterday was not as bad as I thought. I was harder today. And she had puked all over her bed last night. Who started daylight savings time anyway???

We are trying hard to be potty trained, but the daycare laughs at me, and the god mother thinks the chunk o' dunk 2 year old (wears the same size shows and clothes as a 5 year old up the street) is a baby doll and still carries her WAY too much.

But we both love her and are trying to keep her safe from her crackhead granny and her mean "I hate your mother" grandmother, who didn't know how to spell her name and only saw her because of probate court (her sweet, my son wouldn't hurt a fly, beat Katelyn's mom for five years before he died).

And blessing of all blessing, Miss Katelyn LOVES to nap. Almost killed my spanish elders yesterday for coming by during nap time and almost waking her up (she sleeps solid for like 3 hours!!!).

Good thing I didn't have and don't want a social life . . .
:-)

2 comments:

BoyMaker said...

So does that make you her baby momma? If you are stepping in as mom & she's a baby...then you are in essence a baby momma. Interesting!

Gramma Darla said...

You need a whoopin'

Mostly, just tired and worried that meany will snatch her and that police will take her away some day ... You would really like her Mom.