Wednesday, August 13, 2008

End of Summer

I can't believe that summer is almost over. Given that everything here in the South runs s - l - o - w, summer has just raced past me!

I am so anxious to see most of my grand babies the first weekend in September, that I am now counting down the days.

Other than standing at the front door (glass) and watching a lightening storm or sheets of rain, or trucking the Elders around, nothing much excites me here. I lie. I forget I had my sinks "snaked" this week and am thrilled that I can run water for as long as I want to now in BOTH bathrooms. :)

Am sending one of my Elders home this month to West Jordan, and another one home to Alaska next month.

Have paved my way to the Celestial Kingdom by giving a Sacrament meeting talk two weeks ago, a baptism talk the week before that, and am scheduled to teach Relief Society this Sunday! Being good really is best (not better ... or good, for those of you who paid attention to that conference talk)!

We have Elder McConkie's son, Steven out here as our mission president. That apparently makes us famous, but then his sister, Mary, taught me health when I was in Jr. High, so I am already famous ...

So grateful to be upright and doctor free still. Guess I'd better save up for the dentist next huh ~

No comments: