Monday, October 6, 2008

Your mother's view on conference ~

Can I just say how much I absolutely LOVE General Conference!!! Just when I think the last one was the best, a new one comes along and is even better!

I also love the fact that our ward has a pot luck in between sessions. It is nice to sit and greet each other without a lot of rush.

My favorite Spanish Elder is back in the area and we got to catch up after almost 10 months. He is due to head home to Mexico soon, but promises to bring his wife here, when he finds one.
:-D

Apparently the choir during the Priesthood session was amazing. Might have to sneak in some day and just check out that session . . . just kidding. Much too thankful to be a woman and a mom and a gramma. Have sons who have the Priesthood, and sealed to my Dad who has the Priesthood and I am surrounded my eager young elders through two of my callings, so have enough Priesthood to cover me several times over.

I wrote one note during the sessions; can't even tell you whose talk it was during (they had little lights to clip over the pews so you could see to write --- WAY cool). That note reads "you were raised on I love you period".

I somehow occured to me that my best journal entries were as each of you left home for the first time (Karen, that was Illinois) and how much peace I felt knowing that you knew I love you period. It was my belief then and still is that you (my children and now my grandchildren) can "make it" it the big bad world no matter what because you knew and still should know that I love you period.

I know I have made mistakes and have admitted to as many as I know of. I also know that each of you have made mistakes, and that we will all likely to make some more before this life is over for all of us. I do know that I have peace in my spirit because Heavenly Father and I have talked enough and my Savior has cleaned up what I couldn't/can't fix. I am reminded of this every time I sit in the Celestial room and rededicate my focus on being the best daughter of God I can be (and praying for help to be kind toward other drivers on the way home).

I am so grateful that despite the way I became a Mom, it is by far my greatest achievement. I was not a perfect Mom, but if you are (or if you are a perfect dad) then throw a rock on me. I am a great gramma. My kids and my grand kids are my greatest joy and my greatest blessings.

I hope that 20+ years from now you will be able to write something similar in your journals. You won't stop being a Mom/Dad or Husband/Wife in this life and we are all sealed to each other so we must be a Celestial family here in order to be a Celestial family for eternity.

Cannot imagine eternity without you!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Am I Dreaming?! said...

Hey lady!! Becky here, yea, that Becky. Your such a good mama! WHen did you move to S. Carolina?? Check out my life!!! I miss you, you crazy lady!